The Blue Zones Project® is a community well-being improvement initiative designed to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes. Join the movement here in Oskaloosa by registering and completing pledge actions to improve your well-being at www.bluezonesproject.com.
Mon-Thur: 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fri: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
PAC ACADEMIC OPERATIONAL HOURS:
Mon-Thur: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Fri: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 9 to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 9 to 9 p.m.
PAC SUMMER OPERATIONAL HOURS:
Mon-Fri: a.m. to 7 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
The PAC is located on the William Penn University Campus. Strollers are
allowed on the track.
414 North Third Street
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
United Way Helping Here
BULLETINS & NOTICES:
- CHALLENGER SOFTBALL PLAYERS & SPECTATORS: Imagine the Possibilities and the YMCA have partnered again this to offer the Challenger Softball League. There's no charge to play for watch. Games are Tuesdays at 6 p.m. Read more...
- SURVEY REQUEST: We would like to invite you to participate in a quick survey that will help determine the future of your Y. It will take less than five minutes. Please click here...
- FEASIBILITY STUDY: The City of Oskaloosa, working in partnership with the Mahaska County YMCA and Oskaloosa Community School District, has contracted with Triangle2 Solutions to conduct a market feasibility study to further refine the elements included in the new Recreation and Early Childhood Education Center in Oskaloosa. Read more...
- FULL STEAM AHEAD with Mahaska County YMCA's After School Educational Experience. Registration is now open! Click here for more information or call Kim Stutting, School Age Care Coordinator (641.673.8411) with any questions.
- LOCAL BUSINESS SUPPORTS Y: Each month, MidWestOne Bank randomly draws a non-profit organization which has been submitted to win a $500 donation. Click here between the 1st and 15th of each month to enter your name and nominate the Mahaska County YMCA as the next winner.
- MEMBERSHIP SPECIALS: Everything is better when you bring your friends! Click here to see learn about Membership Specials through October 30 where you and your friend both benefit!
- STAY INFORMED! A lot of information and up-to-date notices are posted on the Y's Facebook page. Have you "liked" the Y yet? You can also follow the Mahaska YMCA on Twitter. Click here or search @MahaskaYMCA.
The Mahaska County YMCA (formerly known as the Oskaloosa YMCA) was incorporated in 1896 as an association of "Christian young men seeking fellowship and spiritual inspiration." The Y has had several homes in Oskaloosa including a three-story building in downtown (which housed a bowling alley but no swimming pool) that was dedicated by President Roosevelt in 1903.Since that time, the Mahaska County YMCA has contributed to the lives of thousands of boys and girls, and men and women of all ages, races, religions, and economic backgrounds. (Click here to read about our History.) The Y is a not-for-profit organization with a unique opportunity to touch the lives of infants through seniors throughout the Mahaska Community. Not a member? Consider yourself invited. If you have questions, stop by or call.
YMCA CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH
The Hub is a self-service portal which allows our membership to access accounts, learn about and sign up for programs, make payments, prints receipts, and make donations to your YMCA. Non-members can use The Hub to join the YMCA, sign up for programs and make donations. The Hub is very user friendly so click on the Hub link to the right and take a look around. Questions? Give us a call!
The Mahaska County Y is implementing a comprehensive approach to health and fitness at its facilities. Current, new and even potential members inquiring about all there is to experience at the Y can learn this and more by making an appointment with a Healthy Lifestyle Coach. Read more here.
Thanks to the work of 10-15 Transit, United Way of Mahaska County, the City of Oskaloosa, and several local business sponsors, Oskaloosa has a bus transit system which runs from 9-5, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The YMCA is on the route and is a convenient way to get to Y programs and classes. Click here for a route map and more information or contact United Way of Mahaska County, 641.673.6043.
CLICK ON THE NEWS LINK TO READ MORE ABOUT...
- Players and Spectators wanted for Challenger Softball
- Recreation Early Childhood Center Project Update
- Summer Camp
- New Youth Coordinator Hire
- Mahaska Y Receives 1 of 3 IPTV Learning Centers
- Membership Coordinator Abbreviated Schedule for the Summer
- Register Now for Summer Swim & Sand Volleyball
- Y Receies Grant from State of Iowa